Using the portal
The portal aims to reduce red tape and improve access to the program by providing real-time eligibility checking and application processing for clients, reducing the waiting time and the number of paper forms needed to access hearing services.
Clients can use the portal to
- confirm their eligibility for the program
- submit an application for a hearing services voucher
- view the local hearing services provider directory in a searchable map
- check if they are already in the program and
- confirm their last known provider, if they have one.
Contracted service providers can use the portal to
- help clients to apply for a hearing services voucher
- process a return voucher with client consent
- view and manage client details
- submit a request to transfer a client from another service provider with client consent
- manage their own site location details, which also updates the interactive local hearing services provider directory and
- submit manual claims.
We regularly receive emails and phone calls seeking help to with the features of the portal. The portal tips page has been developed to assist with the most commonly asked questions, and will be updated on a regular basis.
We have developed user guides and quick reference guides to help you use the portal.