2018 Annual Provider Self-Assessment Report
The Self Assessment Tool (SAT) is a requirement of the Service Provider Contract (the Contract). The SAT supports Contracted Service Providers (providers) to undertake an annual review of their processes and systems to ensure they are compliant with the requirements of the Hearing Services Program (the program). The SAT is also an important tool used for program compliance monitoring. On 3 September 2018, providers were notified that the electronic version of the SAT was available through Citizen Space. Submissions were due by 31 October 2018.
A CSPN published on 4 October 2018 reminded providers of the 31 October 2018 due date for the SAT. Reminder emails were sent to 133 providers (48.4%) on 17 October 2018, two weeks prior to the final due date of the SAT.
Summary of Outcomes from the 2018 Self-Assessment Process
- All 275 providers that were required to complete a SAT, submitted their SAT by the due date.
- Eight providers reported breaches of the Contract regarding client relocations, partially subsidised device quotes, complex client notifications and advertising.
All providers supplied rectification plans to address these issues. Implementation of four plans will be checked in six months.
- Follow-up was required with 108 providers (39.3%). Most of this (67%) was regarding records management and cloud services. Two providers were using an unsecured cloud service and were required to cease using these services immediately.
- Follow up is required with 8 providers (2.9%) regarding subcontracting agreements.
- Further comments were received from 30 providers, including:
- twenty-six providers gave additional clarification regarding their compliance with contractual and legislative requirements, including how they would improve processes to reduce the risk of non‑compliance
- four providers made positive comments about the SAT process
- one provider also stated they would like to be able to print their responses for review prior to submitting, however this is not possible in Citizen Space.
Provider feedback will be considered in development of the next SAT.