Keep up to date with all the news from the Hearing Services Program by subscribing to the RSS Feed.
2 August 2021 - Program Standards - Minimum Hearing Loss (MHLT) Guidelines
25 May 2021 - Provider Factsheet - Maintenance Services
Contracted Service Provider Notices and Provider Factsheets
The latest release of the: Contracted Services Provider Notices (CSPNs) is listed here.
The latest release of the Provider Factsheet is listed here.
There are currently no system issues with the HSO portal. Both portal and website are functioning as expected.
What providers are required to do if a system outage is identified and confirmed by the Hearing Services Program
- Where possible, reschedule appointments if a voucher cannot be issued at the time of the appointment.
- If you are not able to reschedule appointments, please make sure you check the clients eligibility card to determine that they are entitled to receive services through the program.
- An email should also be sent to email@example.com containing the client's 4 points of ID, date and time of their appointment and what service you are providing (once the system issue is resolved, the program will reply to your email with instructions on how to claim).
Note: For new clients, we require the client application form for us to process a new voucher, please email the form.
For further information regarding any
- HSO system outages, please visit System Outages and the System Outages Factsheet
- ATO MyGovID outages, please visit https://www.mygovid.gov.au/system-maintenance
A Provider Factsheet has been released to update providers on the COVID-19 situation. You can access this information via the link below.
4 September 2020 - Provider Factsheet - Coronavirus (COVID-19)- 4 September 2020
Contact Centre and Feedback
The contact centre is open from 8:30am to5:00pm Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDT) and can be contacted on 1800 500 726.
Note: The contact centre is not open on National and Local (ACT) Public Holidays
13 August 2020 - The Hearing Services Program Review is now closed.
All closed consultations are available for viewing.
Publications and communiqués relating to broader hearing health policy is available via the Department of Health’s website.
The Department is closed for all National and Local (ACT) Public Holidays. The Hearing Services Program inbox will be unmonitored, and the contact centre will be shut. Normal business will resume at 8:30am (AEDT) on the next business day.