Contracted Service Provider Notice
Further Information about Changes to the Hearing Services Program
(CSPN - 202101)
In the October 2020 Budget, the Government announced a number of changes to the framework of the Hearing Services Program (the program) which will be effective 1 July 2021. After consultation with the sector, refinements have been made to some of the planned changes.
- Client Vouchers extended to five years.
- Program clients who are not fitted with a device will be eligible for annual reviews.
- Consumables will continue to be paid for initial fittings where a client has a maintenance agreement
- Maintenance will not be claimable in the first 12 months after refittings
- Relocated maintenance will be equal to one quarter of the standard maintenance plus the client contribution amount.
Further detail on these changes is available on the Provider Factsheet – Hearing Services Program Changes Update and Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question about the changes that are not answered by the Factsheets and FAQs, please send them to us via the Program Change Questions Form.
Download this CSPN Further Information about Changes to the Hearing Services Program