Contracted Service Provider Notice
Changes to the Hearing Services Program from 1 July 2021
(CSPN - 202105)
The previously announced changes to the Hearing Services Program (the program) will come into effect on 1 July 2021. The changes include:
- Extension of client vouchers from 3 to 5 years
- The introduction of an unaided client review (item 920)
- Disallowance of standard maintenance claims for 12 months after a refitting
- Increase of monaural maintenance to half of binaural maintenance
- Reduction in the amount paid for relocated maintenance
- Request for a Revalidated Service form to be completed online
- New consolidated Schedule of Service Items and Fees
Further information regarding the changes can be found on the HSP Changes 2021 webpage. This page has links to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), as well as a Maintenance Services Factsheet and Changes Factsheet. You may also watch the two Discussion Forums the program held online with stakeholders.
The COVID-19 special arrangements will cease at 11:59pm on 30 June 2021. Service providers are reminded of the resumption of several program requirements:
- Ambient noise level testing and equipment calibration will be needed if it has since expired
- Site status must be updated in the portal
- Client signatures must be obtained in written form for all forms and quotes where required
- Statutory declarations are required for lost devices
- Requests for a revalidated service must be completed via the online form
- Telehealth will continue for certain service items
Please be mindful of the COVID-19 restrictions and arrangements in place in your state or territory
There will be a six-month transition period from 1 July 2021 until 1 January 2022 in order to support implementation of the changes. This will allow contracted service providers to adjust to the new changes and resume previous requirements such as ambient noise level testing and equipment calibration.
The 2021 Self-Assessment Tool will take the form of a Transition Readiness Survey and will be held in November 2021 rather than Sept/Oct 2021. Further information about the SAT will be released closer to the time.
Feedback regarding the changes and materials provided on the website can be provided here.
To allow for the changes, the portal will be unavailable from 7.30pm until midnight AEST on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
Download this CSPN Changes to the Hearing Services Program from 1 July 2021